IMPORTANT! Latest News on the Status of SDA 2020

LATEST — July 30, 2020  |  10:16 am:
As many of you already know, in light of the continued COVID-19 concerns, we have made the difficult decision to CANCEL SDA 2020 entirely.

If you have already registered and paid and have not yet seen a refund from us, we ask that you please be patient as we work through the refunds as quickly as possible. As of today’s date, we have processed approximately half of all refunds.

—  Refund verifications are being sent by email as each refund is processed, using the same email account you used to register for SDA.

—  Be sure to check the junk/spam folder for your email as well, in the event that your refund receipt inadvertently lands in there.

—  If you did not give us an email address when registering, we will send a paper copy of your refund receipt via the US Postal Service to the physical address you used to register.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at


March 23, 2020  |  9:09 am: First up, a reminder that the new dates for SDA 2020 are August 19 – 22, 2020.

The Drury Inn was able to move all of the room reservations to the new dates. They were even able to restore cancelled rooms, so if you had a reservation with the Drury that you went ahead and cancelled before we announced the rescheduling of SDA 2020, you now have your room reservation restored. If you still need to cancel the room because you’re unable to attend in August, please email us at and we’ll take care of the cancellation for you. (We’ll be sure to send you the cancellation notification from the Drury.)

We have not yet heard whether reservations at the Marriott hotels will be moved by them or if you need to call them and move them yourselves. We’ll let you know as soon as we know, so hold tight.

All events with the exception of those below have been successfully rescheduled the same as they were in April, with no changes to price. The only exceptions to this are:

— The BrewDog Lunch and Tour had to be moved from Friday 8/21 to Thursday 8/20 due to a scheduling conflict on the part of BrewDog. The price remains the same.

— The Mystery Tour is still in the process of being moved.

— The Ladies Mystery Theatre Luncheon still has a few kinks to work out, so we’re not 100% positive yet if the price will remain the same. We’ll know soon.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us at cjones@sda2020.comAs usual, come back to this page for updates as soon as they become available. Once registration is open again, you’ll be able to find this page under “News” in the menu.


March 18, 2020  |  3:56 pm: GREAT NEWS! We have official approval for rescheduling SDA 2020! It will now take place August 19 – 22, 2020. It’s already on the calendar for the Aladdin Shrine Center and we have approval for the change from all three hotels. We are hard at work contacting our venues for the caterers, tours and excursions to reschedule with them as well.

As soon as we have locked down the change with the venues, we will open registration back up. The registration fee will remain at $50.00 for attendance until August 11, 2020 when we have to get the final totals to the caterers.

For those who have already registered, please be patient just a bit longer. Some important points:

— If you have already reserved your hotel rooms, please don’t change the reservations just yet. We are talking to the hotels to see if they can simply move the reservations to the correct dates for you. We will let you know as soon as possible if there is anything you need to do.

— Feel free to move your flights to the new dates.

— We don’t anticipate any changes to costs of the dinners or tours/excursions, but if there are, we will let you know as soon as possible.

— We realize that some of you who have already registered to attend in April may not be able to make it on the rescheduled dates in August. If that’s the case, just shoot us an email at and we will get 100% of the fees you have paid to us refunded.

As usual, come back to this page for updates as soon as they become available. Once registration is open again, you’ll be able to find this page under “News” in the menu.


March 16, 2020  |  2:58 pm: Registration for SDA 2020 has been suspended for the time being due to the unique situation we are all facing with the COVID-19 virus. We care about our brothers, their ladies and their families and are making decisions based on what we feel is best to ensure the limitation of the spread of the virus and keep everyone healthy. For this same reason, our Potentate has cancelled all events, meetings and gatherings and closed the Aladdin Shrine Center until further notice. Additionally, the locations for the scheduled excursions and tours are temporarily closed as well.

We are working with the powers that be to reschedule SDA 2020 for a later date, which is why we have at the moment only suspended registration. There has never been a rescheduling of SDA before, but because this is unprecidented territory that affects the entire nation, we are working with all decision makers to see if it can in fact be done. We should know something late this week. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

If it is decided that we can reschedule the event, we will be sure to notify everyone who has already registered by either email or phone call. If it is decided that we cannot reschedule and we must cancel altogether, we will begin issuing refunds for those who have already registered. Please check back here for more information as it becomes available to us.


March 12, 2020  |  4:36 pm:  As of today, SDA 2020 is still going forward as planned. The Ohio Department of Health has issued a mandatory restriction forbidding any gatherings of more than 100 people for an indeterminate length of time. They have also closed our K-12 schools for three weeks, so in light of that time frame, we are waiting to see how long the gatherings restriction will remain in place before making a call on whether or not to cancel SDA.

We ask that you hold off on registration until you receive further notice from us, which you will find on this page as soon as we know anything. Due to this unusual circumstance, we are waiving the late registration fee. All registrations will be $50 regardless of the date registered.

For those who have already registered, we ask that you be patient. If we do find that we have to cancel SDA, we will refund 100% of your registration fees. Don’t cancel your hotel or flight reservations yet. If it does happen that we must cancel SDA, we will be sure to inform you with enough time (at least 48-72 hours) for you to cancel your room for 100% refund from the hotel.

Please check back on this page for further updates. If we must cancel SDA, this page is where you will find that information.

Powered by Khore by Showthemes